Sunday 29 March 2009

The story of Han and Dan

I think after writing an ode to Helen, I need to mention my boyfriend Dan, I'm not going to write an essay about everyone I've ever know ever, but I'd like to write about him firsly because he is lovely and secondly because it's a funny story. So here is the 5 most significant Han and Dan getting together days in cronological order:



1) The Piramind Day (oct 2006)

Me and Dan first met at Will's 21st beach birthday party, we were briefly in a 4 layer human piramid together I was layer 1 (the top) and he was layer 4. We didn't really speek to each other much because we were strangers. The funny thing about that day was afterwards in Mac donald's when Will (who shall hence forth be known as the Will the Medeler) asked me if I had to marry someone out of Dan, Kurzon, Luke and Eoin who would it be? I said Eoin, I'm not really sure why, but anyway if he asked me again I would change my mind.



2) The Pie Day (Feb 2007)

By Febuary I was in the stage of 'I quite like Dan but I'm not going to do anything about it, I'll just see what happens' we still didn't know eachother hardly at all but I remember one comment after church. I said I'd been selling pies at everton football club all day and I probably smell of pies, and he said 'you're a beautiful lady and not at all like a pie.' That comment was then over analised for about an hour with Rach and Suze, we disscused several important isssues such as:

What was the significance, if any of the word 'lady'?

and Was Dan just saying nice things because he is a nice person or was there a motive behind it?



3) The Twister Day (May 2007)

By May we both definatly liked each other but didn't know that the other one did. It was Dan's birthday bbq and I got there as early as possible and made my hair esspecially nice and curly which was the first thing he said when he opened the door. There was a bit of a nice moment when we both sat on top of his fence alone together, but people kept coming out into the garden and saying 'oh sorry' and going inside again. Later on we go the twister mat out, I stood on it saying I want to play twister and then Will the medeler shouted 'Dan get in here' and Dan who wasn't even in the room was called in to play the most alkward game of twister the world has ever seen, infront of an audience who all seemed to know more than we did.



4) The I know you know day (May 2007)

It all came to a head the day before the 'I know you know day' when we were at a party and everone in the room was acting very strangly and I knew they all knew and I eventually asked Joy if Dan knew, and she said yes and then there was about 10 minutes where I thought 'oh great, he knows I like him and he obviously doesn't like me back or else he would have said something, I feel stupid' and then after 10 mins Joy said 'He likes you to you know'. So that was all the friday the day before the 'I know you know day' so on saturday I phoned him, which was the first time I'd ever phone him he didn't even have my number, and I said...



'I know you know, and now that you know I know you know, maybe we could talk about it?'



it sounds like a primary school exercise sentence for children leaning about the words 'know' and 'now' but it is genuinly what I said and he said...



'Great I'll be at you house it 10 minutes!'



and then we went out for coffee and had a very funny conversation that started with him saying



'so tell me about yourself I only just found out your Dad is from Kuwait'



And I said 'Yeah my Dad's from Kuwait and my mum's from southport...' (and then I was trying to think of a way to bring the conversation back around to me instead of my parents) at this point I should have carryed on thinking for a bit longer but instead I said ....'They had sex, it made me' not the best opening line, but very funny.



Then Dan talked about him and we went to calderstones park. It was one of my favorite ever days. In the evening I had to do bar work which I am very bad at but I mannaged to earn £13 in tips the most I've ever earned because I was smiling so much.



5) The Pregnate Day. (23rd May 2007)

I did not get pregnate on this day! This was our offical will you go out with me day, it started with a trip to the beach in which I burried Dan and gave him a big belly in the style of a pregnant lady. Later on as we we sitting on a sand dune looking out to sea he looked at me very serriosly and said 'so do you want to be pregnant?' ha ha ha....he was obviously meening do you want to be buried but it just came out wrong. I think maybe you had to be there. We went back to Dan's after and had the going out conversation. There was a football match on Liverpool via A.C Milan. If liverpool won I would have to work serving pies in anfield the next day, so we were both cheering for A.C Milan to win so we could see each other the next day, and they won! Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment